Repairing Hail Damage AllenBlogs
Texas residents are very familiar with extreme weather conditions. Do you know that Texas was ranked number one city in the US in the number of major hail events in 2020? This means that almost one of 35 houses suffered from hail damage Allen. Hail damage restoration can be very costly and hailstones can be very destructive depending on their size and the speed at which they fall. However, do not get scared! In this article, we're going to cover the main ways to protect your home from hail damage.
Residential hail damage Allen
Hailstones can basically damage any part of your home, such as metal siding, asphalt shingles, and gutters. Some homeowners prefer to use cheap materials to save money on roof repair and roof replacements. However, these materials are more susceptible to hail damage Allen. For instance, vinyl siding is a popular material for home exteriors. The lightweight design generally allows withstanding severe weather and extreme winds. However, it easily cracks under the big hailstones falling at fast speed.
Preventing the hail damage
The best advice is to always remember that preventing is cheaper than fixing. Basically, anything outside of your home can become vulnerable to hail damage Allen. But there are a few ways to get prepared for the time when the hail comes.
- Regular inspection and maintenance will help you handle all the problems in a timely manner. Do not neglect minor defects as they can evolve over time and get worse.
- Consider upgrading your roof material to a more durable one, for example, by using more high-quality shingles for better protection against extreme weather.
- Proper maintenance is needed for your yard and trees around your home too. Strong winds may blow debris or cause some big trees to fall on your house or vehicle. Call a roofing contractor to trim all dangerous trees.
- Dented gutters and downspouts;
- Any signs of damage to siding and windows;
- Missed shingles or shingle granules in your gutters.
Hailstorms are unpredictable but you should know how to protect yourself and your home after the storm by knowing how to spot the damage.
How to inspect hail damage Allen
A proper inspection is needed after every serious storm as you need to determine whether you need to file an insurance claim for hail damage Allen. Once it's safe to go outside, walk around your home property and look for the following indicators:
Call ARR Contractors today at (972) 266-6677 if you suspect hail damage Allen!