Do You Need to Claim Water Restoration Plano TX?Blogs
The southern part of the US, including Texas, is experiencing a huge winter storm and freezing temperatures. The low temperatures can cause extensive water damage as pipes begin to freeze and burst, causing broken pipe damage to your home. Even a small crack in a broken pipe can allow enough water to cause wet floors and flood your home. It can damage your walls, ceilings, floors, carpets, furniture and other possessions. So, it is essential that you are proactive and claim water restoration Plano TX to protect your home.
Preventive Strategies for Water Damage from Frozen Pipes
When you expect extreme weather to strike, make sure you prepare your home for freezing temperatures. Some actions might include:
- Opening kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warm air to circulate around the water pipes and start warming them up.
- Allowing water to drip to keep water pipes from freezing by opening the tap.
- Keep in mind that homeowners’ insurance is more likely to cover the damage if you are able to show that you have done your due diligence and maintained your property in a reasonable manner.
How to Deal With Frozen Pipes Damage
After your pipes freeze, they are in danger of bursting and a broken pipe is always dangerous. When pipes freeze and then thaw out as temperature rises again, frozen pipes tend to crack and burst, and a broken pipe causes water leaks and flooding.
If you have to deal with the pipes when they have already frozen, don’t worry - we have some advice for you on how to fix it as soon as possible. You can always contact a professional to claim water restoration Plano TX. Here's what you can do immediately to prevent water damage to your property.
- Inspect every single pipe in your home for damage, including those in attics and crawl spaces, where it is safe to do so. If you are not feeling safe, call a professional contractor to claim water restoration Plano TX.
- As temperatures rise above freezing, watch for signs of water leaks, like dripping sounds and wet floors.
- If a pipe is leaking, avoid turning it on and using it. Turn off the main water supply. Open all faucets including the ones outside to drain the remaining water.
If you face water damage, you should hire a professional roofing contractor to claim water restoration Plano TX. ARR Contractors has lots of experience in dealing with water damage. Call us at (972) 266-6677.