What To Do When You Experience Hail Storms DamageBlogs
Hail storms can cause significant damage to your roof and your property. Even what seems to be minor hail storms can lead to significant issues that might not be obvious until the damage increases over time. And hail restoration is usually an expensive procedure.
Even though your first concern during hail storms is the protection of your family, your property, your vehicles, and your other belongings, you should immediately take care of your roof after hail storms are over and repair hail damage.
These procedures include roof inspections and hail restoration. Knowing how to inspect your roof and repair hail damage, while having an experienced roofing company to do so is essential to keep your mind in peace.
Factors that cause hail storms damage
2. Size of hailstones. Hailstones of various sizes cause various damage and impact. Hailstones can be as small as a pea or as large as a golf ball. When you repair hail damage, it's important to keep this in mind.
3. Density and shape of the hailstones. The density of hailstones can also vary. They might also have either smooth or rocky edges, which affects the level of hail damage and define the extent of hail restoration.
4. Type of your roofing. Every type of building and roofing material responds to the impact of hail storms differently. For instance, hail can crack vinyl siding and cedarwood shake roofing, asphalt shingles, gutters or aluminum siding.
5. Physical and natural barriers. Natural barriers, like trees, or other structures, like neighboring fences, adjacent buildings, barriers located around your property may protect your roof from hail storms.
Signs that you need to repair hail damage
- Dented gutters, garage doors, or light fixtures.
- Bald spots on your roof, shingles granule loss, missing shingles.
- Cracked or fractured shingles, caused by large hail storms.
The danger behind hail is that water soaks into your roof without you noticing it. You will only see the signs of this damage when it will be expensive to repair hail damage.